Tollbooths while traveling

What happens if you didn't realize tbere was going to be tollbooth and you didn't bring any cash with you. Do they take debit/credit nowdays? Would they make you turn around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Travel

• I just grabbed a $20 and kept it in my purse while traveling for just such reasons. driving from Texas to Colorado I think i spent $10 for two cars.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I do the same. I just wondered what would happen if someone had an airhead moment. I know my brain has been a lot more scattered since having a child! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I didn't see any ATMs but i would assume they have it posted on the window that they accept them.. just like airport parking?
    Anonymous

• In Illinois there are signs at the tollbooths that tell you where to go online to pay a missed toll. Otherwise you get a beautiful picture of you car and plates along with a bill for the toll plus $10 handling fees.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• That's good to know, because alot of people don't carry cash on them these days
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Its good to take cash just in case. There are some near us where noone sits there, and only takes cards, no cash.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• In Texas they will bill you plus a fee.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 8:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• in florida you get an IOU after they take down your information. but if you get caught in a "SunPass" lane, you get a ticket to the address on your license plate. @Zoejains_mama, thats crazy $10 Texas to Colorado. I pay almost $5+ bucks every day for toll.
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• In Texas (and CO as I've learned), they'll just mail you a bill. As far as I know, NO, they do not take debit/credit cards at the EZ Pay, only cash. And no, they won't make you "turn around". They'll just bill you later. But I know exactly how you feel! I'm always like "OH, CRAP!" when driving to Houston (trying to remember if I have enough cash and/or change). Lol! It feels like you're breaking a law passing up the toll booths!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Just so I have one less worry, I just use ez-pass
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:23 AM on May. 1, 2011