How do I get my 18mo old to eat reg.food only eats Graduate finger food throws or pushes everything else away,fruit,veggies,ice cream help

zach2

Asked by zach2 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try making it fun with things like vegs and fruit with dip, youguat, to get in dairy try things like grilled cheese, cheese and crackers, just keep trying and also those ensure drinks are good for missing the things they need and vitamins as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes you have to make it fun and also try tasting it first and see if he will try it then
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have tried tasting it myself or making believe I want it but he makes it clear he'll have none of it. I do realize this has to be ongoing have not tried momindiana's suggestions but will try. Because he is not eating properly he is having a problem with "hard stools", his 5 year old brother was not like this at all. I am worried he is not going to grow properly and his doctor is losing patience it has been maybe 4 months now since this all started. He started out doing great on baby food and yogurt but then began refusing everything....he really has me talking to myself...
    zach2

Comment by zach2 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Stop offering Graduates food. Kids won't starve themselves so eventually he WILL eat something else. You just have to stop making the constipating foods available to him. It's going to be a tough battle of wills but he'll come around when he realizes Mama isn't budging. Good luck!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 4:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2011