Would like to get nails done, how much are acrylic nails usually, and how long does it take to get done?

Thanx Ladies

hazeleyezmommy

Asked by hazeleyezmommy at 1:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• cost depends on the Place, but usually the initial set is $35-40 plus tip, then a fill is usually $20-25 plus tip. Time also depends on the experience of your technician, usually about 40+ minutes for the full set, less for a fill.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The place I go to in NC its $35. It takes about 2 hours to have them put on for the first time.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It depends who you go to, I have been going to the same lady for over 30 years, and never had a problem, I pay 25.00 for a refill, but there are a lot of people out there using less than good quality material s that will charge less, I wouldn't, trust my nails to those people..

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm in SC and it usually costs around $30 for acrylic nails ($35 for french tips). Can take anywhere from 30 minutes to no more than an hour to have them done.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 2 hours! That seems way too long. I would have my son with, so I might wait till he is in school bc he would be way to bored, lol plus doesn't it smell of fumes?
    hazeleyezmommy

Comment by hazeleyezmommy (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 35-40 plus a tip to fill in is closer to 20 plus tip. fill ins need done every 2 weeks or so. Mine usually took about an hour from start to dry for a fill in longer for the initial visit. Nail need replaced every so often as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm in VA and its $35 full set w/white tips and it takes 35-40 min for a full set, and 25 for a fill. I go all out at get pedicure too, it feels so good! That's $30 for the spa pedicure :) Have fun!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I live in NJ and for a full set is 25 and a refil is 15. It takes them about an hour to do everything.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• just a warning- beware of the asian nail places... or if you see someplace where the nail techs are wearing masks.

You do NOT want to go to a place that has product with MMA in it

here is some info about it http://www.beautytech.info/qa/qa6.htm

should take about an hour-ish to have them done ...unless it is someone with less experience- then it will take a bit longer

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It depends on where you live. Here it is 27$ for a full set :)
    Lucylou224

Answer by Lucylou224 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011