Would this slightly bother you?

I had my baby girl via planned c-section and my parents were keeping my DS who is 3 and a half. They knew when I was having the baby and that DS was going to come in and meet the baby first and they had to know we were going to take pictures! THey got to the hospital early adn took him to get breakfast there. No big deal but they had him in his big brother shirt and gave him cinnamon rolls and an orange so it was all over his shirt. My dad said he 'tried' to clean off the shirt so then it was wet to. All of the pictures of my DS meeting his sister he looks nasty! It am still happy they met first and all went well I am just disappointed they aren't nicer pictures... I just wish they had used common sense and not fed him messy food in his big brother shirt...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• it would bug me yes.. but id would just make sure to get super cute pics of them together at home for the first time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Trivial stuff hun, now there will be a story behind the picture, don't sweat the small stuff.

Answer by older at 1:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm not mad... It's just one of those times you wish for a re-do. I would pack his shirt with me and have DH change it in the hallway!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree trivial. When I had my kids I used to want everything perfect too. After my dd had her kids and I started watching them for her I loosened up. Its what grandparents do. I helped deliver both her kids, but had my oldest grandson with me while my dd and her husband spent time with the new baby. He came back a mess. If she had said something I would have told her she was on her own next time she wanted help.

Answer by gemgem at 1:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Kids get dirty, that's all. I agree with gemgem on this.

Answer by louise2 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I understand what you're saying. Although, I'm hard-pressed to get a photo of either kid where something isn't messy. At 1st there aws an 'inner groan' -- "Really? Someone couldn't have brushed his cowlick into place before putting him in front of the camera?" or "how did none of us realize she had melted ice pop on her face?!" After almost 9 years, though, I've come to realize that the photos where my daughter's glasses are dipped down on her nose or my son's hair is doing that Dennis the Menace thing or someone has a smudge of something on a face or shirt or whatever else is out of place -- THOSE are the real thing. Those are the pictures that mean so much more to me than the ones were everything is in place because THOSE are pictures of my actual kids. ;) When you look back and see the messy shirt, you'll smile because that is going to capture real life in a real moment and it's going to pull at your heart strings.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Would have upset me (especially with hormones racing after birth). That's why I refused to put my kids in their big brother/sister shirts until we were ready for pics, lol. When my husband brought our oldest to meet her brother she was a mess and then the day they came to take us home she was in pajamas (dirty ones) because he couldn't be bothered to dress her. And she had no shoes on. She was 15 months so all the pics she is dirty, shoeless and sockless (in Octobler). At that point, though, I was just happy she wasn't still wearing the clothes she had on when I went into the hospital 4 days earlier.
    Now that my kids are older and I have 5 of them I've given up ever having pictures where one of them isn't covered in dirt.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The PLANNED c-section would bother me. Dumb doctors willing to put you in pain, for what sounds like no reason. shame on them!!
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 3:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• ...The baby was breech and 9 lbs 4 oz I found a mid wife willing to attempt to turn him but he wouldn't stay...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Okay, well since you felt the c-section was necessary I take back what I said :) I totally understand.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011