5 yr old having problems with tags on underwear and seams on socks at toes anyone have this problem any helpful answers

I found a site with some so called seemless underwear anyone ever try..also he likes the batman,spiderman stuff hard to get him to use plain any suggestions

zach2

Asked by zach2 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I hate tags too.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Why did anon 1 get voted down? It was a valid question...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My oldest son was..well IS still...like that. I always had to cut the tags from everything & arrange the sock on his foot till it felt "ok" to him..which sometimes took FOREVER! He's grown now so he can cut his own tags out lol
    Anonymous

• I agree with But Mommie- I have a sensory disorder, and I was like that as a kid. I had problems with seams, tags, and blue jeans(those were and still are the worst!). You could always turn his socks inside out- that's what I did with mine. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Has he been diagnosed with a sensory disorder?
    Anonymous

• There are brands of undies anymore that are tagless. I think Hanes...I would have to look that up. Seamless socks may be a little harder. You would need to find youth tube socks. Ther are some websites then sel other seamless socks... I have never gotten them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 6yo DS is the same way! He rips the tags off all of his shirts, but I suppose its not hurting anything lol. Like you said they have tagless underwear, a lot of boys' shirts come that way now too. I haven't run into the sock issue yet :) Oh they do have super hero underwear without tags, think we got ours at Kohl's.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They have the seamless socks now. You gonna have to be a little tough. Seriously give him a choice. Seams and spiderman..or comfort and no spiderman. Let him choose what he is going to deal with. He can not have both. ...Unless you write a letter to the company that makes the spidey undies. Tell them spidies with seams are not gonna fly and you need them without.
    Anonymous

• I think there is a thin line between "sensory disorder" and just being uncomfortable. I hate itchy tags....a lot of people do. That's why clothing manufacturers are making things tagless now. Who likes to be poked? Especially on sensitive skin. Doesn't mean all these people have disorders. Sure, it could be something to look into if he is excessively annoyed by it......but that's for professionals to decide.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• There are a few brands of underwear that don't have tags in them - I have to buy them too for some of us. Same with socks, you have to look but some will have less of a seam, or the seam on the outside but not messy like regular socks. I have 1 that needs those too. I couldn't tell you brands unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where I just open packages & look while I'm shopping because everything changes from year to year among brands.
    Anonymous