Teething and fever

my 16 month old daughter has had a slight fever everyday for more than a week, she is not sick.. Could this be because she is teething so bad? Her top 2 molars have just popped out and 4 more teeth are about to. Now she has 10 about to have 14 teeth

edensgarden101

Asked by edensgarden101 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how high is the fever? babies/children can get a slight fever if they are teething. If it's over 101 I'd call the doc right away. Look for other symptoms incase. If you're worried, call the doc just to be sure. hope she gets better and if it's teething she'll get through it with extra soothing, love and comfort from you. My son's almost 4months and has been teething, no tooth yet but it's really doing a number on him. long road ahead of him. good luck momma
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I was given this advice when mine were little: pediatricians all say that fevers are not caused by teething, all experienced mothers will tell you that they are. Good luck!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mine always had a fever and slight cold with teething and soon as everything popped through it went away. It does weaken their defenses a little bit. If it is high you may want to get him checked out. Doesn't hurt to make a confirmation to what you believe to be right visit to the Dr. just to be sure. (just maybe a copay)
    Anonymous

• Homopathic teething tablets worked best for mine. (walmart-cvs-walgreens carries them) all natural. 2/3 tabs dissovle very quickly, eases the fussiness, cranky, pain and helps calm. I also used infant motrin /childrens to dab on the gum sight. given orally you can alternate tylenol every 5-6 hrs switching between the 2. But verify w/dr about the age, or atleast the nurse. with dosages.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son always ran a low fever when he was teething. I would say use your instinct Mama, and as long as she doens't seem sick and the fever isn't too high just try your best to keep her comfortable until those teeth come in! Good luck to both of you!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• teething tablets are better then the oragel for babies an infants or since its spring time try popcycles since they are cold it will help sooth the gums and tastey treet to if ur child nt like taking oragel r teething tablets
    clowery573

Answer by clowery573 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011