How Soon can you take a TEST?

How soon can you take a test if Ovulation day was Wednesday.
Sometimes jumpin the gun is too soon, but others are late and still nothing. So
that being said, what do you all think is right for taking a pregnancy test?

And what kinds of Tests do you recommend?

steph_twins

Asked by steph_twins at 1:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Wednesday..as in YESTERDAY? lol
    Anonymous

• yes wednesday, yesterday-- sorry didn't clarify,, ops. :)

steph_twins

Comment by steph_twins (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• EPT And 7 days before period
    momto3-96

Answer by momto3-96 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• When you miss your period. I preferred the dollar store tests, which were accurate for both of mine. You can get an early response test that can detect pregnancy up to 5 days before your missed period (if the fertilized egg implanted soon enough), but it has to say that on the box. Dollar store is cheaper, and if you wait until you miss your period, you don't waste money taking tests if you do start your period.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell how much hCG your body will produce. While some women don't get a positive test for weeks after ovulation, most women can get a positive within a week of missing their period. So if you miss your period, take a test. If it's negative, wait a week and take another one if your period still doesn't start. If it's still negative, and you still don't get your period, call the doctor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• thank you all for your advice, now the waiting game begins!!!
    steph_twins

Comment by steph_twins (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would wait a week or so....and the best that I used with both of my kids was Clear blue easy digital!! Good Luckā™„
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 1:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• First Response was always best for me, 5 days before I missed. The digital would read negative where as the First Response was always correct
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thank you, it's so hard waiting, it's all on my mind, and i'm trying to concentrate on other tasks, (not doing well) UGH!
    steph_twins

Comment by steph_twins (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• loved clearblue digital. no messing around with faint lines, just straight, "pregnant" or "not pregnant"
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have two at home, i got at Big lots, so those will have to wait until a week or two! the longest week of this pg thing!!!!
    steph_twins

Comment by steph_twins (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011