Baby names help

Ok ladies here is the story my youngest son Riley passed away April 2010 from SIDS. Since then I have found out I am expecting. My B/F and I have talked over a few names and this is the boys name we like, just cant decide on the spelling. We also have a few girls names chosen. Let me know what you think..

Brylee Alexander (for a boy)
Briley Alexander (boy)
McKenna (girl)
Amaya (girl)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Baby Names

• Why not just go with Alexander Riley? I see where you want to honor your late son but This is another son and he deserves his own special name. IMO.
    Anonymous

• I like the 2nd spelling for the boy and Amaya for a Girl its different!! Good Luckā™„
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 1:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Gosh so so sorry momma :( And congrats! McKenna is adorable, I'm thinking boy names that end with the ly or lee sounds are more of a feminine name. Don't want to sound mean, but I probably do, I just wanted to give the opinion since you asked. Good luck to you two and your LO!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how hard that is but congrats on expecting again.

I'm sorry to say, but I don't like any of the names, if I'm going to be totally honest.

I know only girls named Briley/Brylee and I also know girls with a similar name of Breleigh. I just see people mistaking his name for a girl.

I do like Alexander and I guess if I had to choose a girl name, I'd go with Amaya.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mckenna & sorry I just don't like the boy names
    myliljs

Answer by myliljs at 2:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No offense, but I have to agree with yesmaam.....Briley/Brylee sounds very feminine. Two people that I went to high school with just announced their baby's births on facebook.....and both girls are named Brynlee.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Brylee sounds feminie to me as well..but I do like Brinley for a girl as well.

Oops looks like Molly was telling you the same name. Im really sorry for your loss!

You could do a middle name as Lee in honor of Riley too.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I love the first suggestion of Alexander Riley. That would be very nice. Briley is not only icky IMO, but it definitely sounds feminine.
    I don't care for either of the girls names, but if I had to pick on, I'd go with Amaya.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Briley IMHO is very girly. I had it on my girl name list for a while. What about something like Riland/Ryland , Ryder/Rider , Ryan etc so you can keep that Rye sound in the beginning but IMO these names sound more masculine.

And i love the girl name McKenna :) thats my 4 yr olds name
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I like Brylee or Bryleigh for a girl, I have never heard it used for a boy
    Alexander is nice for a boy
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011