Soo pissed off about my hair! Ever since humidity started, hair has turned dry and frizzy! What products should I use?

I don't get it! Lol My hair went from fab to drab ever since weather change. I color hair monthly and it has always been fine. But now it is dry dizzy and .lifeless! I usually use herbal essence for color treated hair, biolage hair treatment, and after its dried I run garner soothing cream for high humidit. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My daughter uses Motions hair lotion, but she is biracial though. So I don't know if it will work for you. But if you want to try it they sell it in drug stores.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Give it a day or two before you wash it again then do what you were doing before if not try putting regular lotion at the frizzy parts of the hairGL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My sister is a hair dresser and she would cringe if she saw the products you're using. Biolage is a decent line of products. Ditch the Herbal Essence and Garner completely. I personally use KMS products. There is a light weight hair lotion that I like. I too get my hair colored monthly, but my hair is very fine and board straight, so it may respond differently than your would. I'd be more than happy to ask her questions for you, but she'll need to know your hair type. Hair issues are very frustrating, especially the frizz. Can't stand it! I hope for your sake you get your products dialed in soon! Best of luck to you!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my best advice is when you're washing your hair let your conditioner soak in your hair for awhile. LIke I usualy wash my hair first and when I condition it instead of rinsing it I put it up in a bun or a clip until I do everything else then I rinse. This helps my hair a lot. Also, as far as regular products (non designer) I use dove and pantene oh and the new suave professionals. Also for a leave in conditioner type product John Freida makes a really good one thats in a pump style bottle (its usually like $18 though)...Trust me I know the feeling about frizzies and dry hair...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I use Frizz Ease by John Frieda.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oops I meant Paul Mitchell has a good leave in conditioner type product (john freida commercial was on tv lol)
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Loma makes Pearatin which is a serum you put on to tame frizzies like Frizz Ease. But the best by far is Potion 9 by Sebastian. Put it on wet hair.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have the same problem with my hair and the only stuff that tames my mane is products with Argan Oil. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• use a good shampoo and conditioner like joico k-pac...
    try a protien treatment at your salon..
    blowdry PROPERLY.. ( point the nozzle from roots to ends not head down ends to roots because you'll "fluff" the cuticle causing damage and frizz).
    How are you coloring your hair? I suggest a salon so they just do regrowth and touch up when needed.. boxes use 20 volume and most women only need a 10 so you could be overly damagin your hair this way, especially if you are going over color again and again and again.
    Finally the other products depend on how you style your hair.. PM me with how you style your hair normally and I can tell you great products to use for styling to decrease or eliminate frizz
    (i'm a stylist).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have the best luck with Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil. It's weightless, non greasy, humidity resistant, and a heat protectant. It's amazing!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:07 AM on May. 1, 2011