About my 1 year old daughter

my daughter just turned one sunday and she has been really sick. i took her to the docter and they told me it was a cold. well today she isnt drinking or eating much her nose is cloged up ad when we get her nose uncloged her chest gets worse. I dont know if she has asthma but she is weezing i dont know what to do her doctor told me to bring her back monday if it has changed and it seems to get worse she has a fever off and on can anyone give me and idea of what to do to help her get better.

hopenalivia

Asked by hopenalivia at 8:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go back to the drs. tomorrow, Monday is too far away. For tonight, prop up her crib mattress, I put a pillow under one end. My DD just turned one on Thanksgiving, and has a cold. I bought Triaminic, little fan that you put in the medicine "pad", smells like a vicks. AT least it's something. If the weezing gets bad tonight, go to the ER, they could give her a nebulizer treatment that would help open up her bronchial tubes. hope she is better soon.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 8:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• For the chest congestion and wheezing....lay her on her tummy over your knees and curl one hand into a cup shape. Gently tap her upper back for about 10 min to loosen the congestion and help her breathe more easily. Keep pushing fluids, but offer it through a medicine dropper if she's too clogged up to take a cup or bottle. Use saline drops for the stuffy nose, a humidifier, and prop the bed like the PP suggested. Good luck, I hope she has a restful night.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Definately prop her up to sleep. Use a cold humidifer in her room. If she is having trouble breathing or you feel unsure or uncomfortable trust your instincts and take her to the E.R. As said above they can give a nebulizer treatment that will help quickly.
    Hope this helps.
    Extrememomto4

Answer by Extrememomto4 at 2:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2008