ppd...

i'm pretty sure i'm getting ppd...should i try and see my doctor before my 6 week checkup?

nikkilee0812

Asked by nikkilee0812 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• YES! At least call. It is important that you get help early because in some women it can progress really quickly into a really big problem. Until them try to gt out and about. Don't stay home. Talk to your hubby about your feelings and make sure he knows that you need his support. It is really had to adjust after having a baby. I was fine with # 1 but was defiantly depressed after # 2 I didnt want to see or talk to anyone even my closest friends. Try not to shut them out they all want to be there for you. (I know you don't want to hear any of that I know I wouldn't have)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• YES if you even think you might call right away and if they cant see you for a while tell them its important and why, if you feel this way you need help now before things get worse which they can, so please dont hesitate to call the dr they would want you to call for somehting like that, and call a friend or another mom and ask for help or advice dont let yourslf get overwhelmed, it can get hard with kids, good luck
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• YES!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008