How does it feel when you presure is high? is is bad while being prg

i set down and i feel sick like real light headed and i have a little pain on my lower back even when i walk or when i lay down

window7

Asked by window7 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if what you're describing is high blood pressure. I really couldn't "feel" mine when I was pregnant, but yes, it can be bad. It can be a sign of preeclampsia (which I had) and if not monitored and treated properly can be fatal to you and/or your baby. Call your OB.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes, please see your ob/gyn. Usually people don't notice any symptoms until/unless their pressure is very high. During pregnancy, high blood pressure can be very dangerous. Don't wait, don't guess. Have your doctor check things out...just to be safe. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• call your doctor please
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 2:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Lightheadedness isn't always a symptom of high blood pressure. It's actually fairly common when you're pregnant. If you are at risk for high blood pressure, like if you're overweight or have a family history of it, you might be concerned. Just bring it up at your next appt and let your doctor know what's going on.
    TanyaMichelle

Answer by TanyaMichelle at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011