My doctor was so off today?

well first of all, everything was crazy because a woman started going into labor, and the nurses and doctor were all freaking out, and i felt like saying we're at a place where woman are all pregnant and your OB doctors & nurses and your acting like the world is coming to an end.... that wasnt what bothered me,

So ive been having a tooth problem, and an infection down there . When i told him about the tooth and the problems i had been having he said, "Oh dont tell me, ive heard it before, and every pregnant woman has tooth problems, go see a dentist" and i was like well im going to it's just i wanted to make sure it was ok.

Then, i told him i knew i was getting an infection and i had bleed a little last night and how uncomfortable i was. He told me to go to wal-mart and get some cream. I said so your not gonna look and make sure its nothing serious? and he was like no, its prob. just a yeast infection, pregnant woman get them all the time. Put some cream on it..... (even though i was bleeding last night)

So i was getting aggervated , he wasnt listening, then this is the real kicker, he asked me about my vitamins ( i never take b/c i throw them back up) he said oh well id rather you gain weight because i know you've been lossing a lot of weight..... the thing is i havnt? and ive actally gained weight , too much? and hes always saying i;ve gained to much? so i was like no, ive gained alot of weight. and he said "oh"

So i was thinking dang this doctor is a little off his rocker today, then he said ... "So i see here in your folder , you've had 2 c -sections." (i've never had a baby before) So i told him that i've never even had a baby , and he was like oh yeah. I glanced to make sure it was my folder and it was....

Now im starting to worry about this doctor, everytime i go it gets worse and worse...... im so aggervated!!!!

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• He does sound a little off...can you find a new one? As for the "down there" problem - I know I saw your post last night, not sure if I saw previous ones. Were you on an antibiotic for the tooth? Either way, using a yeast infection cream JUST on the outside is really all you can do during pregnancy, if it's a YI. And if it's a bad YI, it can get raw & bleed a little - been there done that multiple times, both during pregnancy and not. If you're really worried about it though, see a regular doc, or go to urgent care. But I would definitely look into changing doctors, that's a little scary that he's getting everything wrong.
    Anonymous

• Find a new one quick and dont let the door hit you on the way out
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow. Are you sue it was your folder? There is another woman at my doctors office who has both the same first and last name as me with the exact same spelling and similar birth dates. I always have to remind them to double check and they almost always have her folder instead of mine.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Change doctors NOW!

That is not a place I would entrust my health or the health of my baby to. That is all just way too weird. Go with your gut. If you're getting aggravated at your prenatal appointments- what do you think will happen when you go into labor? They start pumping you full of magnesium because the doc glanced at your record and told the nurse you had BP issues when you are fine?! No. Don't risk your health or your baby's.

Get out of there.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• time to find a new doctor!!!! this probably isn't all his fault because the nurses and stuff usually handle the paperwork and stuff, but either way go to a different one as soon as possible (as far as the vitamins go take you some kids vitamins and take a couple of them a day its better than nothing)
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i want to find a new one so bad! I'm like how can he get so cunfused? I know he sees lots and lots of patients, but i mean really? almost everytime i go i have to re-remind him of how far along i am.

But im in this county and i have medicaid and i HAVE to go to this office, and he's the only doctor they have. Thank goodness he's retired so he cant deliver my baby! I feel like i'm not getting good care.

How could this stuff get written down in my folder , when its not right or even close to being right?
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I can't imagine seeing a doctor that kept getting my info wrong! Especially if it was my first baby! You should find somebody else quick. Clearly this person doesn't care about you or your baby.
    TanyaMichelle

Answer by TanyaMichelle at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have another question. my stomach is measuring 29 across but im almsot 34 weeks . I thought that was small, is it?
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• a lil but r u sure its being measured corectally? ur supposed to measure from the pelvic bone to the top of ur uterus
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i'm pretty sure, and my last ultrasound on 3/3/10 said her head was measuring big & her due date was june 1st, instead of June 11th but he told me to keep my due date of june 11th]
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011