I'm not sure if this requires a Vet visit...

I have a 10 month old, male Beagle. He is piddling all over. Not in one spot, it's when he is walking, he just piddles and doesn't seem to even know he is doing it. I thought maybe a UTI or something along that line, but, he doesn't do it at night. He gets in bed and is fine all night long. I would think if it was an infection, he would do it over night as well.

I don't want to have to take him in if it's not necessary, but if it is, then no problem, off to the vet we will go!

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?? He is house broken.

tracy0812

Asked by tracy0812 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pets

• He could have an obstruction in his urinary tract.

Is he potty trained but also dribbles, or does he just dribble?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Have you tried googling it ? Some times you can get free answers.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• How long has he been doing this? it sounds kind of like submissive peeing but if he is leaking while walking he could have become a little incontinant or there could be something else going on. I think it would be worth it to take him to the vet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• He is potty trained, but dribbles. He can go outside and do his business and comes in and dribbles.
    tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Call the vet,they can probably tell u over the phone. It sounds like it could be a UTI. I have three beagles myself. They r great dogs but,I would call the vet.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Hormonal imbalances can cause this too, but I've only seen that in females. If it were me, I'd be seeing the vet, whatever it is it is not normal and should be discussed with a vet.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 4:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• This won't stop on its own. The muscle in dogs that holds the bladder can weaken over time. There is pills dogs can take for incontinence.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011