What would your reaction be if your daughter got pregnant at a young age?

Would you support her? WOuld you kick her out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Support her, and I would think that I didn't do something right along the way. Whats done is done and she would still be my child (same if my boys got someone pregnant).
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would be devistated, but we would go over the options of keeping the baby or giving them up for adoption.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 2:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would never kick my child out period. I would have her make a choice as to what she is going to do with the baby abortion/adoption/keep it. After she has made her option on her own its hers to make then we will stand by her in that choice & help her along. She opts to abort I will attend the appointment (although I wouldnt personally want this), adoption we will find a good faimly along with her, keep it we will help with the baby while making sure she is a good mom to that child as well.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Initial reaction: HEART FAILURE!!
    Long term reaction:Hug her,support her,help her..be her mommy,friend,counselor,support system..everything she would need for me to be.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I've jsut been watching alot of teen mom, 16 and pregnant and I can't believe how some of the parents treat their daughter because her only crime was getting pregnant. I understand how irresponsible that may seem, but that doesn't make a teenager a criminal for doing what we all did at that age, which was have sex and they pay the price for it by getting pregnant. So I don't understand why parents get so up in arms when their child gets pregnant. It isn't a reflection on their parenting skills. Raging hormones in teenagers is common, it's THEIR responsibility to know about safety sex and pregnancy prevention. THat's not something you can coach them through as they do it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree with Mel.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well according to my kids I would go through the roof, then support them.
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would NEVER kick my child (underage out) besides, legally you cant. I would support them
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• with me being a teenmom i would support my daughter but also be mad because i would thinkit was myfault
    allycat_joanne

Answer by allycat_joanne at 3:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I was a teen mom, and I had support, without that I would not be where I am today! I would support my kids, and help them grow , learn and make the right choices
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011