• In the Spotlight:

How long did it take you to come up with your child(ren)'s name(s)?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Baby Names

• First one was pretty easy.....up to a couple months before we had her. The twin boys were up until the very end and the last, we literally decided in the delivery room lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 2:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It took months for our son (our first), and about a week for our daughter (our second). We started thinking about names for both sexes before we knew if our first was going to be a boy or girl, so we already had a short list to work with for our second.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Right after we had the positive pregnancy test we had one picked out for each gender
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It was always pretty easy for and fast for all my children. Even when we unexpectedly had a boy instead of a girl it only took about a day.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My oldest is the 4th so his name was pretty musch understood from the beginning, (against my will lol) and the baby was Aiden until about a month before he was born and then we changed it, just decided it didn't fit.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I only have one, and it took pretty much the whole pregnancy lol
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had my daughter's name (Scarlett Abigail) picked out since I was in high school, I saw/heard they on TV shows and instantly fell in love with them!

We aren't TTC or pregnant with our second one, but we already have his or her names picked out. They're family names of or deceased relatives. Olivia Eindy for a girl and Oliver Liam for a boy.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I always knew.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• About 2 weeks for our first child. We are TTC now and I have been picking out (and throwing away) names for almost a year. We just can't agree on anything this time around LOL.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• With our son (our first) it took a lOOONNNNGGG time...seemed like every name I picked he hated and every name he picked I hated...lol but probably 2 months before he came we settled on Damien (his choice) Isaac (my choice, after my grandpa). With this one I have a feeling it will be much of the same! GL mama
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011