Car got wrongly towed! Need advice ASAP!

We got a new car in Jan. Before that I had a car and so did my fiance. I am driving the new car and he is driving my old car so we have had his car parked. It's been parked for the last few months. The car still runs and isn't a piece of junk (doesn't look bad) or anything. I come home from work yesterday to find out our apts towed it! I called and they said they thought it was abandoned. WELL when you sign your lease you have to put your car info in the paperwork so they can keep track of everyone's cars. I said well I'm a little(more like ALOT) upset that I didn't receive a notice on my door that it was going to be towed. She said well We have 200+ apts and looking through each one would be too time consuming to find out who's it is. THEN WTH do we have to put that info on the lease if you aren't going to use it? Another thing is my fiance works in the oilfield so he is gone for weeks at a time and his car is a standard that I don't know how to drive. Anyways they said they put a sticker with 24hrs notice before they towed it. I look at his car everyday and I never saw a sticker in plain site. And also, couldn't they have put out notices saying someone please claim this car or it will be towed? We are good tenants! We never get complaints and always pay rent on time. I just feel like this is poor management and they should have to pay to get it out. They could have taken easy steps to find out whose car it was. If they don't plan on paying it for it, we plan on getting a lawyer. Do you think what they did was wrong?

Also, in the lease there is NOTHING about towing parked cars. It only says cars with outdated tags are not allowed, though it doesn't say what action they will take for that.
Please, please, please help! Any advice or opinions or bumps are greatly appreciated!!!

CollinsMommy729

Asked by CollinsMommy729 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell them THEY need to pay to have the car returned!! they wrongfully towed it they can bring it back or pay for it to be released!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• the money youll be spending on a lawyer will be way more then what it would cost to get the car out. just saying

yes they should pay to get your car back
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011