It is petty and stupid I know I just dont know how to handle it

I am a Japanese citizen living in the usa I have not been home to japan in almost 10 years. I have been struggling and sacrificing to be able to go. I still cant because stuff keeps coming up. I have two American friends who are going and I feel they are rubbing it in my face. I cant stand it anymore. I have planned for 5 years to go back but I cant they are going just because and have no sacrifice to make their parents simply pay for it. How can I pretend to be happy when Im really really angry. My parents havent even met my son

I didnt invite them. they are going to Japan I am not

i have NEVER been so depressed in my life. I feel like I will never go home. I have to sit and look at their pictures and hear their stories . I cant even see my mom

my parents have a computer of course

im not sure what to do. my husband thinks im being a bitch over it because we have a son and one on the way and he works really hard. he says im disrespecting him by complaining. I am not trying to but its hard watching not one but two of your friends live your dreams while you sit with a fake smile planted on your face. I told them it hurts me they just say jealousy is a bitch isnt it?

I didnt know you can get a loan for a trip?

Im very bitter because i never had a wedding or a honeymoon or even a babyshower before. I have noone here i get so close to going and it falls through . I want something just this one thing .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• why would u invite "friends" to travel back with you and you haven't seen family in 10 yrs??? I'd want that time to reconnect and spend with family, not have to worry about including friends in it too.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• awww so sorry to hear that, they should not rub it in since they know you been trying to get home and if they were really good friends they would have helped you out, so that you can go with them
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Do they have a computer? If it's too expensive to go than maybe you can send them a modestly priced laptop and webcam so you guys can stay in touch and they can watch your son grow. I had a hard time saving my money being a single mom and trying to go to school as well as work so I made it so $50 gets taken out of my check and automatically gets put into an account that I don't check or anything. I have gotten so used to the $50 being missing from my check that my mom asked me how much I saved and I said I have not idea. I had saved over $1,500 without even trying. Good luck to you and keep your head up.

P.S. might want to get some new friends. They sound like dicks.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It doesn't say she invited her friends....

but anyways.....................
    I'm sure that is really tough to not be able to see your family! You could ask them politely to please stop talking about it around you, that it upsets you because you have been trying to go for so long. Let them know you aren't mad at them, just the fact that you can't go. If they are true friends then they should understand.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• if they are your friends tell them how you feel.... sad, depressed. if they don't get it then they are NOT friends!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• hugsI'm sorry this is happening to you.I wouldnt think those friends were real friends to rub something like that in your face.Its just nasty,rude and thoughtless.

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Im sorry your unable to go visit your family, I totally can understand how your feeling.
    No where does it say you have to be happy they are going,so dont be happy for them! I would feel they were rubbing it in too & I would let them know how it pisses me off. I hope that your family over their wasnt hurt by the earthquake & all tha bad mess that happened. & when you can, you will b able to go, everything happens for a reason.
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 2:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 10 years is a long time, why dont u try getting a loan, u can worry about then rest later, i'd really want to go, maybe try to make arrangements, even if you'll have to pay later. like me and my husband have been wanting to go on a vacation since we got married, and things have been rough, no honeymoon, its 4 years later. my husband told me if we keep postponing we'll never go, so he took a loan and we went to istanbul last week, things were so hectic before, now i feel so much better even if i'm back to my normal life, its something i needed to do. good luck hon!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• skype is nice, we skype w/ our family in Pakistan. its not the same as being in the same room thou
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 2:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• oh my god I totally want to go to istanbul !!!! How was it?
    sort of an odd place to go
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 3:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011