First or third person in your baby book

I'm having some trouble writing in my baby memory book, I started out in a form of first person and somehow ended up using 3rd person so I have picked up a new book and will re do this one. I want to know when writing in your babies baby memory book which of the following (if any) would you use?

From the babies point of view: I liked ________ . I really enjoyed______. My first tooth was ___________-

or

From the parents point of view: I was so exicited when you (baby) did _______ . Your father and I almost named you __________________

Which way do you use when entering memories?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would do it from my point of view....that way when I go back and re-read it when my children are older I can experience the same thrill that I felt at that moment all over again =)

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I always preferred from the parents view since they (we) were the ones writing it. I think it sounds stupid from the baby's point of view.
    Anonymous

• well the baby books i had were a mix of the two. the milestones were i got, i first, etc. and then there were other sections about first holidays, seasons, etc. that were from the parent's viewpoint.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I always did it from my point of view..
    Either writing it as "I" or "mommy" to baby..
    I love this photo of you
    Mommy loves this photo of you
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011