How do you know when your blood pressure is too high?

i got out of the shower (already not feeling well) and got very upset about something i feel like m blood pressure is through the roof, it's been 30 min and i still have a horrible head ache and am very edgy and ready to explode

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well usually i had a bad headache, sometimes i saw spots or stars. i would feel like my head was pounding and sometimes sick to my stomach. lay down and drink some water....try to calm down
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• How far along are you? If you are past 20 weeks, you should find out what your pressure is. Go to a local drugstore where they usually have a free cuff machine. Or buy a home version (~$25 or so).

If it is high, you need to contact your OB immediately. Preeclampsia can be a very serious condition, and if left untreated can develop into eclampsia (stroke or seizure).

I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia at 32 weeks, with my top number in the 170s. I had had a stiff neck for days, swelling, headache, and saw flashing lights.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i have a terrible headache, i just feel week and i have been sick at my stomach for 2 days so it's hard to know if thats why. i am 37 weeks i will check it at the drug store, what's considered high?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• headaches,seeing stars,feeling faint or dizzy
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 3:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think the top number being 140/80 is considered dangerous. Good luck!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The nurse tells me?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011