My 2year old is attatched like crazy to me.How can i put her in daycare? HELP!!!!

my daughter is 22months old and i will be having to put her in daycare soon.She is attatched to me like crazy and wont really let other people hold her,Just depends,sometimes she does.she follows me around the house all day,and wont leave my side.shes home with me all day till i leave for work around 10pm and return at 5am,during which shes asleep! Im going to switch to day shift and will have to put her in daycare.shes never had too much cntact with kids,and im afraid she is going to throw FIT and i will be called to come get her. shes so attached,what should i do.HELP

Alexismama22807

Asked by Alexismama22807 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've been there. It will be very hard on both of you. The daycare probably won't call you. My son was two and would sit in the middle of the room with his coat still on and would stare at the door until I came to get him. My other kids did okay in daycare. But they would always cry when I left them. And I always cried all the way to work.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• She will throw a fit....She will cry, stomp, scream and claw at you to try and get you to not leave her BUT give it a while and she will be fine. She will enjoy having some "friends" and time to play with them. She'll just have to get used to it.....I had one of those kids and he did fine after a couple of weeks.
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 8:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My daughter is the same way, she just turned 2 on Monday. She won't go to anyone except my hubby or I. Luckily she doen't have to go to daycare, but my husband and I would love a night out once in a while. We have no family around so it's just us. Good luck
    Jersismom

Answer by Jersismom at 9:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I worked in a day care and can assure you it will be harder on you than it is on your child. Give it about 2 weeks for your child to adapt. She will scream and cry when you leave, but once you are gone she will get over it and have fun with the other kids. the day care should be more than willing to have you call and check in on your duaghter. If you can, stop by and peek in (should also have viewing widows for all classes) and see for yourself that she's doing well while you are gone.
    Anonymous