Which media streamer do you own

so you can view things like netflix,hulu, pandora.....pros and cons to what you have, or any suggestions on which to buy

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 3:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Technology

• Ooh good question. I'm looking to buy the Roku player but I have no recommendations. Here's a bump for you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Our Tivos and our blu-ray player both do streaming. Frankly, I've never bothered with the blu-ray player, because the Tivo is always on. They support Netflix, Amazon streaming, and Pandora. The Tivo is great, but unless they're still offering the one-time fee for the guide service (which we got when we bought it,) the monthly fees can really add up. And without the guide, the Tivo doesn't do much.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We have a PS3 that we use a lot for Netflix. My husband also uses it for games (obviously, lol). Combined, they make it well worth it. It's very easy to use (especially now that you don't need a disc), and I've had absolutely no complaints.

If you're not a gamer, though, I would recommend the Roku box. My co-worker has one (or had one...or something...she's used it! lol), and she loves it. It's a bit pricey ($125, I think?), but instant Netflix makes it very worth it in my book.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The least expensive Roku is $70 off Amazon.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• sooo Roku is Hott i see
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011