How long has that been there? adult content

I just went to start a load of clothes and discovered a load of wet clothes already in there. Turns out dh started a load of clothes but forgot them and didn't say anything. It's been there a week.

They smell kinda musty. Should I do any thing special to them before I rewash them? Will the smell come out?

What about putting a 1/4 cup of white vinegar in with them? Would it help? Is it too do that with a load of dark clothes?

Thanx

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Add vinegar. I put vinegar in every load of laundry.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yes,
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I just rewash them but in hot water... fixes the problem. when I was preggers I used to do that all the time!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Hubs and I have done that before... put clothes in and forgot to put them in the dryer. What I do is put 1-2 cap-full of pine-sol in with the wash cycle and that takes the smell out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i just rewash them and add a bit more soap
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Rewash in hot water. I've never done the vinegar thing but clearly it works.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• vinegar pinesol helps too
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 7:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I just rewash them and typically they are fine.. and yes I've opened the dryer after doing a load in the washer only to find out osmeone forgot to start the dryer for the clothes they put in there the day before.. (we do a lot of clothes so it never goes so long as a week).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'd put vinegar- it will probably get the smell out, if not, rewash and use vinegar again. HTH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'd wash through a full cycle with vinegar only, then a new soap wash with vinegar added.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 8:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011