Another victory for the 2nd amendment?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Wal-Mart said Thursday that it is bringing guns back to many of its U.S. stores in an effort to lift slumping sales.

In 2006, Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500), the world's largest retailer stopped selling guns in the majority of its stores, blaming slow demand for those types of firearms. 866Email Print Wal-Mart currently sells rifles, shotguns and ammunition in about 1,300 stores in the United States. Those firearms will now be available at about half of Wal-Mart's 4,000 stores.

The retailer doesn't sell handguns in any of its stores, other than in Alaska.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/28/news/companies/walmart_guns/index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=Sbin

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its a good thing. I have bought a gun at wal-mart and they do the background checks on the spot, I am happy that they are doing this, makes me gain a tad bit of confidence that we are not as far gone as I thought.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• – collapse
    Didn't the kids from Columbine buy their amo there?? Hmmm????? Not a good idea in suburban areas.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• 2nd amendment aside, it's the economic factor I'm not totally over the moon about. Yes, it's convenient to buy ammo at WalMart since you can find one anywhere. On the other hand, aside from the burst in sales whenever Obama or Reid starts grumbling about gun laws again, gun stores are facing the same rough economy everyone else is. I'd hate to see this be the tipping point that puts more full service gun store/ranges under, just to get WM a slightly larger market share when they already have a huge one comparable to all other entities.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• – collapse
    I never shop at Walmart anyway though it is another reason not to go there . Some gun fanatics have tried them out in the store .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Tragedies like the one in Columbine will happen wherever. Plus, guns weren't to blame..people were.
    Anonymous

• Didn't the kids from Columbine buy their amo there?? Hmmm????? Not a good idea in suburban areas.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie

No. It was K-Mart.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• burst in sales whenever Obama or Reid starts grumbling about gun laws again
    >>>>>>
    I don't recall Obama ever having much to say about gun laws, please provide me with some insight or a link even
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Our Wal-Mart always sold guns. But I live in the South in the middle of hunting area.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• More guns for The People of Walmart!
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/barack_obama_gun_control.htm
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011