Constipated ? TMI

For a while now, when I go to the bathroom it is just hard pebble like stool. I go every day, but it is always like that. When I was pregnant, the dr would ask me if I was constipated and I would say no, and tell her it was like that - like it is now and she would say that I was constipated.
I thought constipated meant you cannot go? I can go... it just doesnt come out normal. Am I constipated or is it just my diet or something making it different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• If your dr says you are them u are just make sure ur drinking lots of water to keep hydrated and drink a lot of juice try a mild stool softener
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yeah, your poop isn't supposed to be pebble like and hard. You are probably a little constipated. Maybe you don't get enough fiber, or drink enough water. Even not getting enough exercise can make you constipated. You should try those things and then you'll see a difference. Unless you have any discomfort, I wouldn't take a stool softener though, but that's just me, I try to avoid pills when necessary.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• add fruit to your diet , raisins , prunes, dried apricots, will get things softened up. LOTS of water. Raw Veggies (eat them with dip throughout the day). If that doesn't do the trick a dose of colace will help but giving your body what it needs will keep it from being a regular problem.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Start taking colace today, about 2 times a day., make sure to drink a lot of water...and see after several days if this by itself helps. you def. need a stool softener. colace is safe, and over the counter!
    godsgirl746

Answer by godsgirl746 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008