Why does water make you sick if you drink it in the morning??

Or I'm just weird but if I drink water in the morning right when I wake up I get so sick. But gatoraid or juice or milk is fine.... ????

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 3:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're weird. I can drink water just fine when I first get up. Or coffee. But juice or milk is a no-go.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• lol that is weird yeah I get so sick...
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had the same problem in my first trimester! Lol. Water and brushing my teeth made me throw up every. single. time.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Everybody is different.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i was the same way before this pregnancy..now i actually want to drink water..but i think it makes you bloated and that can make you feel like you want to puke
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i cant drink water anytime now during this pregnancy. it just makes me sick.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• proudmom611 I'm feeling pretty much the same I drink maybe a bottle and a half a day then 2 glasses of milk, and a cup of juice...
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have the same exact problem and I'm 17 weeks along. If I drink water first thing in the morning it comes right back up. And I can't chug water like I used to I have to drink it slowly in sips or it makes me sick. I also found that mixing it with lemon juice or putting lemon wedges in my water bottle helps a lot.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I always had that problem when I was pregnant. I couldn't drink water alone in the mornings. I always had to have something else in my stomach first. As long as I had some kind of food or milk in my stomach, then water wouldn't bother me. As the day progressed I could drink water alone without any problems.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• eveyone pregnancy is different but weird lol dont feel so bad i couldnt stand tooth paste
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011