How am I suppose to tell my boyfriend I got an abortion behind his back?

zion_nicole

Asked by zion_nicole at 3:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would be surprised if he stays with u after telling him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 'Not that it was any of his business what you did (your body, your choice)'

WOW, REALLY? The father has no rights? It was HIS BABY TOO!!!!! Did she make the baby by herself? NOPE! Then what should give her the right to dispose of the baby by herself? She least she could have done was tell him!

I am pro-life so I am really trying to keep my own personal beliefs aside about this, but I still think the man has a right to know. Not if she was a victim of rape or other bad circumstances of course, but if it was the BOYFRIEND THEN YES! HE HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW!
    Anonymous

• There is no easy way to break the news, so just tell him & get it over with. You can't change what you did or how you handled it & you're just going to have to live with the consequences, good or bad.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You should just tell him, he has a RIGHT to know. He had a right to know BEFORE! This could go okay, or it could go terrible. He could be relieved if he didn't want a baby, or he could feel extremely betrayed and heartbroken because it was his baby too. Abortions should never be done behind the father's back, that's very cruel.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Y would u do that!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• DONT expect him to want to be with you. prepair your self for a break up.

Anonymous

• OK, I get that it was your body, but it was also HIS baby. Some women never seem to think about the other person when they get an abortion. I think that you were selfish in not telling him in the first place. At least you could have said that you can not handle being pregnant right now and there was no other option. Sadly, you did not.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I'm speechless........
    Anonymous

• She never should of done it behind his back. She should of told him " I am pregnant and this is what I am considering"..she tells him now hes probaly going to leave her. Being dishonest about such a serious decision is NO WAY to start or be in a relationship. Part of me thinks you shouldnt tell him because you cant change it..but I know you should because thats disrespectful and he should know that you have kept such an important thing from him.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow. That is one tough situation you have gotten yourself into. I guess you come right out and say it but be prepared for the worst. That may have been a HUGE breech in trust for him...then again he may see it as no big deal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011