Any MA moms her Frustrated

Kids are getting ready to take MCAS for math and I am so frustated with the middle school I was wondering if we are the only one. The kids have 4 periods of Math right now because of MCAS. I understand that maybe some students need the extra help and I am all for that. I want to know what is being done for the students who understand and don't need the extra help.

Am I the only one who thinks we have put to much stock into this test and have stopped teaching the kids? Do we really need to only teach to a test?

cornflakegirl3

Asked by cornflakegirl3 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I thank God every day that I never had to deal with this problem I really feel we are ruining the education system and taking away the teaching tools children need to learn proper reading, math and other skills. I have heard of so many parents/children getting so frustrated because of the MCAS.
    zach2

Answer by zach2 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011