Do you have trouble making ANY decisions?

I have the hardest time making any decisions alone, even simple ones. At dinner time my fiancee and I have to have a conversation like a half hour long about "you pick what we have" "no you pick" "what do you think" "idk, what do you think" until we both are so hungry we give in and end up making something thats not even that great. Not just with that but on the weekends its constantly what do you want to do, idk, what do you want to do" Its so bad, even picking out an outfit is hard. I have a ton of options for everything in my life and I literally get so stressed at making any decisions. I usually have to wait until someone talks to me about each of the options and then I usually base my decision on what it sounded like they thought I should do. I have tried making the pros and cons lists, I have given in and just made a decision just to make one and try to get past this thinking that eventually after doing it for awhile it will become easier and that didnt happen. Sometimes if its a decision about like where i am going to go grocery shopping I will get so flustered about making a right choice that I just wont go at all that day which is worse than just making a stupid choice. I heard recently that a persons ability to make a decision is a direct reflection on their how strong of a person they are.... which just stressed me out more. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 3:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• II would talk to your Dr.. Life does not need to be this hard. My DH is the same way and to me, it sounds a little like anxiety or a perfectionist issue but he exhausts me just telling me what one decision means in his head.. he refuses to see anyone cause he thinks its "normal" but I would talk to someone about it.. that is far too much unneeded stress
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sometimes we do. Today I couldn't decide on what stress to buy for my youngest so I both both lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 5:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Talk to your doctor.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sounds like you might have anxiety issues that could be treated by your doctor honey. Definitely give them a call.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011