What do you do about the impatience???

AARRRGGGHH! I have 49 days left to go and I am so OVER being pregnant lol

I guess I've been complaining about it alot because yesterday out of the blue Rich (DH) said to me "Don't do anything stupid trying to make yourself go into labor!" I was thinking ARE YOU SERIOUS??? How much of an idiot do you think I am??? lol but instead I just smiled and promised that I wouldnt.

What do you do when the countdown is on and you are MORE THEN READY! lol Please give me some coping skills lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am on my third and am in the safe zone to deliver even though my due date is May 27th. I have talked myself into the fact that it would be better for the baby to be in there atleast 1 more week. Eventhough I as very uncomfortable.

Also since this is my 3rd I know how my life is going to change once baby is born so I am sitting back and enjoying the little bit of time I have left before I have to start telling the kids to be quite baby is sleeping, no you have to be carefull, getting up early to feed and pump before getting the older kids ready for the day, etc.

It is all mental so do as much as you can to keep your mind off the pregnancy and how much further you have. This pregnancy I stopped thinking about what week or month I was on until the week I went to the dr. if someone asked me how far i am I would just tell them my due date. It helped a lot!!

Good Luck!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Is it your first? If so, then I say enjoy this time because you will never be alone again. Ever. Ok, maybe it's not that drastic, but watch what you want on tv, read a book, chat on the phone with friends and family. Go out and get your nails done or something. If you already have kids and you're miserble then I feel for you, but maybe do some special things with your kids to pass the time and distract you. But if this is your first try to enjoy the last days of freedom you have. Don't get me wrong, having a baby is of course wonderful. But I wish that at the end of my pregnancy I would have spent a bit more time just enjoying myself and doing what I wanted when I wanted, without the endless consideration to how it would impact nap times and feeding schedules and having to pack the diaper bag and get the stroller in the car, etc. Sleep if you can, too, because you won't get to do that for a while. Good luck, hang in there.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011