Any one ever tried selling Kirby Vaccums?

My husband is trying it and I think its a total joke. They have not been doing things the way they told him, he is working like 14 hours a day trying to do demos, and if he doesnt do like 30 demos they will not pay him for his work... AND he is on salary so its not like he is getting overtime, I think this was a huge mistake, has anyone else had an experience with this????

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• I've heard of this before. Living in Houston there is a group that does this and they have been bashed publicly in every way possible. They will not even reveal their name to you over the phone because it's such a SCAM!! Tell him to find another job ASAP!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 8:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• OMG tell him to quit. Seriously. I would never let a salesman into my home to demonstrate anything.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My sister sold them before. And it was bad! She hated it and never made any money at all! Especially not enough to support her children! I am a stay at home mom I just found a great way to make a little extra money from home. I actually made $200 my first week and so far this month I have made $120 and its only the 3rd! I am looking forward to making more! Here is my site

http://internetmarketingsales.bravehost.com/ all moms should check it out!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ugh, I've never known anyone who sold them but we have a family in my neighborhood who does. I understand that they are just trying to make money too, but they are SO ANNOYING!! Every month they show up here, beat on the door until someone answers, wake up the kids (they always come at naptime), look in the windows, refuse to take no for an answer....the police have so many complaints about these people and many of them use it as a cover to stake out your house that there's actually a bill pending trying to ban door-to-door sales here.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I got suckered into the Kirby scam for a few months in either 96 or 97. You need to have your husband get a copy of that contract guaranteeing him a 1 month salary. The small print says that you have to do 3 demos a day and can't be even a minute late even 1 time for a sales meeting or you don't get paid. The higher ups will make sure you won't qualify to get paid and their hope is that you will have at least 1 family member or friend who will buy at least 1 "to help you out" which means that your husband will make 50-200 in commission, his team leader will make a few hundred, the outlet manager makes about 350, the regional manager makes the same and the true factory cost of the vacuum is about 350-400. All reductions in the price of the sale comes out of the seller's commission. It's not worth it, you make a whole lot more money working for minimum wage.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 8:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I bought a Kirby in 2004.
    Got on the payment plan. $2,600.00! divided by 3 yrs.
    Told them I was claiming bankruptcy the next year and writing off all debts.
    They said that was fine.
    I got a pretty good vacuum for $150.00! (About what is should have been sold for!)
    They never asked for it back.
    Anonymous

• I sold them back when I was 19 and it was the biggest mistake of my life! I would never recommend it to even my worst enemy! UGH!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Personally, I would not even agree to a demo if one was offered. I would feel weird and/or uncomfortable in this day and age doing this type of thing. He should look for a new job.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My best friend sold them and she told me that when you sell one, you dont even get a real paycheck they pay you in more vaccums!
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I tried "selling" TriStar Cleaning Systems....I was only going to be paid commission for my sales. There's a reason those jobs are so easy to get....they're total scams and a waste of time and hard work. Have him run, and don't look back!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008