My 8 year old neice adult content

omfg im so pissed off but what do i do and who do i blame!??? my eight year old neice was over yesterday well i went for a walk hubby calls and he is beyond pissed! he starts by saying that my neice is no longer coming over to our place ever again...then i ask why and he tells me that he walked into the room where our 5 year old daughter and 8 year old neice were playing and my neice was ontop of our daughter humping her..i was horrifyed..i came home asap...my neice stays with my mom because my older sister hasnt wanted to care for her since she was an infant. so i let my mom know she is no longer welcome at our home..i asked my daughter why didnt u call for daddy and she said well emberlynn (my neice) told me not to because we were gonna play sex..i asked her and wht is sex and my 5 year old moves her little body up and down :( i explained to my 5 year old that that stuff is bad and if anyone ever trys that to her again she better scream at the top of her lungs! my mom got after my neice..are me and my husband being to harsh by not allowing my neice back over here..how does a 8 year old know how to do that. uh i just dont know what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ummmmm I would say at 8 that is a learned behavior something that has been done to heorot something she has definitely seen, she even knew what it was called...........That;s scary I would be questioning your mother of where she has been and who has been watching her JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You told your five year old child that sex is bad?
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You blew a good teaching opportunity for both your 8 year old niece and your 5 year old daughter and instead shamed an 8 year old who either a, needs help, or b, is confused. Think before you act.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 4:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• no i told her that what my neice was doing to her was bad and not ment for children to do!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Don't be pissed at the little 8y/o. Geeze. Find out where she learned it. Teach her what's right and wrong behavior. Don't be pissed at you daughter either. Take this with sensitivity. Find out where she learned it...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I, of course, would have been angry at what happened but I don't know that I would tell my niece she is no longer welcome in our home. Something else is obviously going on with her and with an absent mother, she could probably use your help in finding out where she learned this behavior and if maybe she was molested.

nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• im not pissed at my neice or my daughter..i was more pissed that it happened. i asked my neice where she learned that from and she shut down on me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Get the 8 yo away from where she's learning this. But I can completely understand your initial reaction to freak and yell, you and DH were caught so off guard. Also the 8 yo prob didn't know she was doing anything wrong. GL to you, I hope your neice can get help, sounds like she's really been abused terribly!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You should sit both your daughter and your niece down and talk to both of them about the situation, they are not going to talk because they know it was wrong, both of them, even though the 8yr started it. They know it's what adults do, so you might as well have the talk with both of them, at least it will make them feel comfortable and they may open up, you can even have them write down on a sheet of paper their story on why they did it and where they learned it from
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• simple frownFirst of all this is not your niece's fault! She needs to be talked to by you, alone, and then by a child therapist to see why she is emulating this! Love that child to death and help her understand why she is doing this! JMHO

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011