Have you seen this self-righteous, obnoxiously pro-life post floating around facebook? adult content

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious pr...oblem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

The crime is the same!

If you agree, please SHARE. Together we can help save precious lives!

"Love says I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person. Abortion says I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself..."

Jesus sacrificed Himself for the good of sinners! That's perfect love!

<I received this as an e-mail and post it on FB>
See More

there is a difference between having an opinion and being so disgustingly narrow minded about it. the sad part is some of my "friends" agree and have re-posted this.  (wasnt sure which category to put this in btw)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Freedom of speech. No said 100% of people will like 100% of the time.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i just can't stand close minded people.--

haha...ok.
    did you stop to think that those who reposted might think abortion is 'close-minded'?? apparently, they disagree with abortion,and that is there LEGAL right. yes, its legal to abort, but those who are against it, will never be convinced that aborted 'fetus' isn't already a child. so to them, aborting and murder are the same. legal technicality. again, its their right to have an opinion, and voice it on THEIR OWN FB PAGE.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Everyone has a right to their own opinion, their own beliefs, and they have the right to speak (or post them on FB). I agree with the post ~ from a medical/scientific standpoint, it is accurate. By the time a woman realizes she is pregnant, sets up the appointment for an abortion, and goes in for one, her unborn child's heart is beating. No mere clump of cells produces a heartbeat all it's own.

Some of you seem to feel that only 'the woman' can be outraged/offended ~ and never seem to consider that a doctor being asked to perform an abortion might be offended. They take an oath to do no harm. I can't imagine a doctor doing more harm than to deliberately end a life. The fact that some do offends me. The fact that some women deem a doctor as inhuman as their own child (and want the law to force them) also offends me. 'Legal' doesn't make something 'right', or compel people to silence so your conscience remains clear.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would repost it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• And OP, I think (given the hypothetical) terminating the development of one life while you are embracing the life that has already developed is hypocritical. But alas to each their own.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• but exactly what makes it extreme?
    abortion = ending a life.. in the womb.. so womb murder?.... If someone shoots you in the stomach while you are pregnant they will be put on trial for murder (even if you live, but baby dies).

Like my other question what is the difference? because the child took a breath, has a face, a name?...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• this really really irritates me and ive never had an abortion. i just can't stand close minded people.

I'm pro choice too, but feel if someone is irresponsible enough to terminate the development of the LIFE they created, then they will someday answer to a higher power than all of us. God, karma, you name it. I think both sides can be narrow minded in shoving their beliefs.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i dont mind a difference in opinion, i said that in my post. but to compare abortion with killing a child that's already been born, is a tad extreme. Comment by tnm786

For those that are deeply pro-life, it is exactly the same and not extreme at all.  I don't agree with it, but I do respect other people's stance on the issue, even when it conflicts with my own.  I don't offend easily and I don't look to find offense where it doesn't exist.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• but to compare abortion with killing a child that's already been born, is a tad extreme.

I don't think you "get it"~ It's not a tad extreme to some.. Because, just as you~ they are entitled to express their opinion..  Even on THEIR facebook wall... lol. I don't think you have a true concept of "shoving down one's throat".... No one can "shove an opinion" down anothers throat when they post on THEIR wall on FACEBOOK.... LOL

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• who the hell has an abortion just so their kids wouldn't be close in age? that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. fail.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011