When are we eating? Whats for dinner? and other annoying question....

Why is it that kids ask 15 times when dinner is....we eat the same time every single freakin night. And then the Whats for Dinner question.... Food. Unless you want to cook then you eat what I cook.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Because they are kids! I know my sis and I did the same thing when we were growing up!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• jeez. chill out. kids can't be curious about what's for dinner???
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have a board in the kitchen and first thing in the morning I write what we will be having for dinner.... it has stopped all the questions.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• LOL I KNOW! Mine ask me if they can have a snack every 5 mins. and I say NO every time, UNLESS it is SNACK TIME... which is the same time everyday! LOL They are just kids... but man is it obnoxious!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Asking 15 times would be annoying, but I'd chalk it up to them being hungry and/or not being able to tell time yet.

It's normal to be curious about what they'll be having for dinner, doesn't necessarily mean they're being bratty unless they say ew every night.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• She is eight and can tell time quite well. Some nights I fly by the seat of my pants as to what is for dinner. If I tell her I don't know what is for dinner I am not going to know 30 seconds later. She also gets a snack when we get home. All I was really saying is that it is annoying sometimes. Especially after a long day.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mine don't ask about supper - it's always "what's for snack", "what can we have for snack", etc. As long as they get a snack after school, they don't care about supper - they'll eat it when it's time but I don't get bugged about it.
    Anonymous