I know I'm being irrational but how else can I get my point across???

I feel like my husband and I have the SAME arguments over and over. He never seems to get what I am saying to him. I've said it a million different ways if feels like but he doesn't get it.

So after arguing again today. I can't seem to let it go. I'm so pint up with frustration that I feel like doing something stupid. Like throwing something thru the window or maxing out the credit card. But all those have consequences for me too.

Why can't just get it?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe he doesn't agree with you. You can't expect him to agree with you on everything. Believe it or not women aren't always right.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The story of every woman's life right there. You just described just about every single man on this planet. You just have to pick your battles honey. There's a guy names Mark Gungor who does marriage seminars, but you can look him up and purchase dvds and such, and he really does a fantastic job explaining the whole man-woman love-hate thing.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• sounds like something 1 or 2 sessions of marriage counseling would fix. I would go, it's better to fix things when they're not so bad then wait for things to really blow up.
    hali23

Answer by hali23 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Calm down... talk when you are both calm, kids are asleep, etc.
    Write the issue on a piece of paper. "Not enough family time"... do not accuse.... facts only.
    Allow him to write an issue too, if he has one.

You both write why you feel it IS an issue... facts only... try to avoid at all costs the word "you"

You need to both write and acknoldge YOUR part in the issue.

Then you both write what YOU could do to make it better... make sure to write what YOU would do first.
    Then what you would like the other person to do to make it better.

Share your papers with each other.
    Anonymous

• As with any relationship there are going to be times when no matter how well you explain yourself or they explain themselves you will not agree. These are times when the best thing to do is find a way to compromise so you are both afforded a little more comfort.

If it's something he's doing that is harmful or bad and he won't stop, then he may have a problem.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think maybe there are some underlying issues. Maybe it is time to re-evaluate and see what you are really mad about.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 4:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• "Maybe he doesn't agree with you. You can't expect him to agree with you on everything. Believe it or not women aren't always right. "

NO WAY!!! That's Blaspheny! LOL I'm kidding... I completely agree with you.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ask someone to help you rephrase it or put it in a way he can understand

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yesmaam... I disagree that ALL men are that way and that ALL women are that way.

I think if you work on communication then you can work things out.
    My husband and I have been married almost 18 yrs and we do not have that kind of relationship... over time we have learned HOW to work things out and HOW to see the other persons point of view.

I think blanket statements like that are unhealthy.
    Anonymous

• Sorry I guess I should have said what is about. He doesn't think about how he says things to me. i'm not fat but i have struggled with my weight so if I have some cake or candy he says stuff like do you think you need that or I hope it tastes good. Now I know he is trying in his own way to be supportive there but it doesn't come out that way. mOr when he comes in the house and sees toys on the floor or dishes in the sink(because I just fixed dinner) He says Oh I see you cleaned up in here. Today he woke me up to tell me his pants were still wet ( our dryer broke) and wrinkly. I hung them up the day before in the laudry room but they hadn't dryed yet. Just have some consideration. Think about things before he says them. He always tells me that he doesn't sugar coat things just tells it like it is. If it bothers me then it's my fault. They are my feelings and I have to deal with them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011