Where ARE all of these women????

I see alot of posts (not just on here but other networking sites for mothers also) with women talking about they are being bashed because they are SAHM or they are being bashed because they work outside of the home...

I guess this must be a reality or there wouldnt be so many mothers complaining about it but....like where ARE these women at???

Never in my life (and I guess I should be grateful) have I been bashed for being SAHM and I would never even twist my mouth to bash someone about working outside of the home...most of the moms that I've come in contact with...yes even here on CM have been (or at least tried to be) supportive and helpful.

I thought that as grown women we all understood that not everyone can be in our same position in life....alot of SAHM's (including myself) stay home because between daycare and gas it would cost more for us to go to work then it does to just stay home....I have even MORE respect for working mother's because as exhausted as I am from staying home and dealing with that...I have NO IDEA how I would do what I have to do at home and STILL have to deal with going to work!

I guess this was more of a vent then a question lol....I just have never experienced this and don't get why it should be an issue at all.

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• HOHOHO!! stick around, lady...mothers who work outside of the home ALWAYS get bashed for "not taking care of their kids and letting someone else raise them."..i believe that's the usual line.
    some sahm's can be real bitches about those who work outside the home. likewise, some moms who do work outside the home call sahms lazy and whiny for crying about how hard they have it being bored at home with the kids and the vacuum.
    it goes both ways, and it really get old..but it is there, and it certainly crops up on CM.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I wasn't bashed so to speak, but, everyone let us know how that thought I should go out and get a job...as though it was all their business. My mom allowed me to stay home with my son for his first 5 years. It was our choice, we lived just fine like that too. But, yeah...we heard ALL about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't know where they are, since I've never come across it either. Guess we're just lucky that way!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The only person who bashes me about working outside the home is my mother. *shrugs*

She's is slowly coming to accept the fact that I am an adult.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am a sahm too. I have never come across anyone who bashed me for it. Most, probably all, agree with me that this is the best thing to do. I am fortunate to be able to do it. You are completely right, if I did work, we would never get ahead. My entire check would go to childcare. So, what would the point be in me working? It certainly is not easy, I don't enjoy it everyday, but my kids benefit from me being home.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 5:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am a SAHM too, and I do get people wo are snarky about it.... but what can you say most of hese women who do that are on CM!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My own family gives me hell for being a SAHM. I have started to avoid a friend of mine because every time we get together she starts to debate with me over working moms vs SAHM and I am not against working moms at all. She always makes me feel attacked.
    Anonymous

• I have never seen it either.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• See @Anon...that's what I don't get! Why are we attacking each other over this issue???? What is the debate???? One way is not superior over the other in my opinion...I don't understand why we can't just support each other as mother's and let that be that
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011