Sleeping on tummy

my baby likes to sleep on her tummy shes 8 mnths old and i worry because im terrified of sids any advice?

lillymom828

Asked by lillymom828 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 8 month old sleeps on her tummy too. but she can roll over and flips throughout the night. I wouldn't worry at 8 months it should be fine.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If she can roll over and if she can move her head well, you have nothing to worry about.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• ditto on the rolling over makes a safe tummy sleeper.
    if you are still worried, you might consider getting a lambskin for baby to sleep on? New Zealanders swear by them. Our babies love them.
    dancingWNC

Answer by dancingWNC at 6:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son started sleeping on his belly at about 3 weeks old. (Now he is almost 3mo.) We swaddle him and there is nothing else in his bed that can get in his face and smother him. It also helped that he could hold his head up pretty steady at about 3 days old. He wouldn't sleep on his back or side so we put him on his belly and he loves it. (:
    b.leavitt101

Answer by b.leavitt101 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my son was the same. make sure there isnt any loose bedding or stuffies in his crib.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 9:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Once they roll on to their tummies you can't stop them from sleeping that way and it's safe. My 9mo has been sleeping on his stomach since he was 3 months (with blankets and a small pillow and stuffed animals).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• As long as she can turn her head and hold it up she should be OK.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011