I am not a religous person so i don't know what the bible says so someone clear it up. A vaccination question

For the parents that site religious beliefs for not vaccintaing? Is it in the bible not to vaccinate? Or is it a belief of the church? Where does the religious part come in at?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is also free to question your question. Goes two ways.
    Anonymous

• certain sects don't believe in medical intervention. They pray the illness away.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Did you try reading the bible? If you're not religious, why do you care what it says? I'm confused.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Then dont answer the question if you don't want to. We are free to ask any question we want . I may not be religious but i can still be curious to what and how other people believe. They may have something to say that makes sense and change the way i think,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Stand down, OP- if you're that defensive, you'll never cut it in a religious debate. All I'm saying is, if you're curious, educate yourself. Read the bible.

Pretty sure there's no chapter in Leviticus (which makes rules about EVERYTHING) that states your kid needs 4 rounds of MMR by kindergarten. But I may be rusty.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Nothing wrong with a little curiosity about other faiths. I don't personally believe that the Bible specifically has anything to say about this issue. Some believe that medical intervention is not having faith in God to heal or that having the vaccinations mean you aren't trusting God to protect you. There are also some faiths that don't believe in the transfer of blood products and there are some quesetionable ingredients in the vaccines that might call that into play as well. I'm sure there are many other reasons but those are the ones I'm most familiar with myself. I'm a Christian and I vaccinate. I don't feel that there is a Biblical mandate one way or the other.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011