What have you done to keep a Long Distance Relationship going?

I'm curently in a LD Relationship at the moment. It looks like it could be about a yr before we live together again. I know this relationship is gonna require more effort on both parts. I want to make it work and be strong like it was before when we were always together. Some ideas I have come up with is sending sweet love poems, mailing him some hugs&kiss chocolates, sending pictures of myself. Any inspirating ideas you could share to keep a Long Distance strong and going?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• He proposed, we got married, and I went to live where he was living. That was more than 46 years ago, so I guess it worked.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Great communication, a lot of trust, and keeping the spark alive even far away from one another. I think sending things like that are great ways of keeping things alive. Any chance you get.. see one another...
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My fiance and I have been living and hour and a half apart from the beginning since we started dating. We only see each other on weekends. We talk through FB chat at night. It has worked for almost a year, will be a year on May 5. It works for us. We will get married on June 18 and live together then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I text him all the time, call him when I can, text naughty pics. Send him little gifts. GL! Long distance relationships are so hard :( But yoy can do it!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Trust is really important. My LP and I had to spend 6 months at a time away from each other while he was away for work. This went on for almost 3 years where he would be gone 6 months, home 2 months, gone 6 months, etc.

We texted a LOT. Lots of picture mails of the kids...and other stuff. LOL Telling each good night every night, etc.

He was actually a lot sweeter to me when he was away LOL but it REALLY could not have been good without the level of trust we have.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Skype...its awesome! If you both have a webcam, I would highly suggest downloading this program. It helped tremendously on this last deployment my hub went on. The time flew by, and before ya knew it, we were in each other's arms again :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011