My daughter is 15 and she just told me that she wanted to have a baby.

I told her that she needs to think that through, she said that she has. I told her that she needs to wait awhile for that. she will be 16 next month,but she is still way to young to have a kid it is like a kid having a kid.

skm0956

Asked by skm0956 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• you'd better tell her she needs to be able to financially support it, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• First, get her to a clinic and get her to sit down with a doctor to see why she wants a baby. Try to get her on birth control and have the doctor explain everything that goes into having a baby.

Let her know that women who have babies when they are this young have a greater chance of having a baby with a mental disorder. Is she prepared to care for a special needs baby.

Some girls say they want a baby to fix a relationship or they want someone who will love them unconditionally. are you and your daughter close? Time for a heart to heart or a kick in the ass.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'd be asking her WHY
    then I'd be taking her for some birth control...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would find an intervention program. Has she watched the mtv show 16 and pregnant. Every single one of those girls ends up talking about how they gave up their freedom and how hard it is and how they loose all their friends. She may not want to listen to you but she may listen to someone who has been there.

Take her to the store and show her how much simple stuff like diapers forumla and clothes cost and times it by how much they go through a week then divide that by minimum wage (what most 16 yr olds make) so she sees how many hours she'll need to work to support a baby... figure in day care too. i think the reality of how expensive a baby is and how that means no money for yourself for anything would be a reality check.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 5:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Did she specifically say, "I want a baby right now." or did she just say, "I do want to have kids."?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• TO everyone here:

I have a 15y/o son and I will be getting married soon and will be trying to get pregnant eventually. So, that can happen. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Asshole downvote fairy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• did you ask her why?
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i think that everyone misunderstoo you Braden.....lol I got it :) and she should go to planned parenthood, I do not believe in birth control, if you are religious ( we are Catholic) you could take her to your Priest, Pastor or Rabbi... and have them talk with her! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am not sure why people seem to think it is possible a grown adult woman trying to conceive and also be concerned for her teenage daughter?! I understood you Braden, too.

In addition to telling her "absolutely not" I would also be taking her for the Depo shot. You can't "forget" to take Depo like you can a pill. Depo cant "break" like a condom. I would also be seriously limiting the activities that she went out on after hearing something that shocking too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011