So I've never had the best relationship with my mother. She is incredibly selfish and does not seem interested in my life or my kids. My brother feels the same way. So here's the question. On Easter, she was invited to spend the day with my family, my brother and his family, and my husband's family (who she knows very well). Yet again, she had some flimsy excuse for not making it. So do I call her and tell her what I think about her decision?? Or do I just keep quiet (again)???

momof3gremlins

Asked by momof3gremlins at 5:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My father is the same way. Just let it go and live your life without her as much as you can. You aren't going to change her.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 6:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Put closure to it...... call and tell her how you feel. Then move forward. Sounds like she has been hurting you and bro for yrs... SO if the truth hurts her in anyway.. so be it. Least it wasn't YRS like it was for you. Then leave the rest up to her. otherwise dont continue to call and invite her.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Just stop asking her to do anything, she will probably come around if you just don't call or invite her,if not at least you don't have to be disappointed when she makes a silly excuse,,,but having it out with her may close the door forever,,so sorry momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• since its annoying what she did, that might help you get over the fact that she couldnt make it. forgive her by taking pride in the wonderful easter you did have with out her.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• sometimes you just got to take or give nothing from or to the selfish people and therefore never take what they do personally
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2011