Would You

Drive to a hospital and/or doctor that's 30 miles away just because you liked the hospital last time? Or would you just try to find a closer one and settle for the closer hospital? I'm planing on another c-section so it's more about preference then anything else.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 5:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I chose to drive an hour and a half to go to the hospital.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i would drive 5 hours than go to the hospital they have here which is only 5 minutes away!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would drive, with my last 3 I didn't have a choice and had to drive that far so it wouldn't be a big deal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm moving soon and where I am moving to there are only small hospitals. I'm high risk so delivering at a small town hospital doesn't seem very safe. I tend to have small babies also so I want to be near a good NICU just in case. I will be driving 1 hour for Dr. appointments and to deliver.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 6:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would drive! The one I've chosen is actually about 20 minutes away. 30 if traffic's bad. My momma gave birth to both of us in a hospital that was 45 minutes from her home. I say it's worth it if you know you like the hospital. Especially if it's a planned c-section.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would go with the one you are comfortable with! If it means driving a bit do it!! Good Luck!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 12:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011