How do I handle this?

My idiot husband sent me a link to some pitbull at a shelter that is about to be put down. He says he's going to go get the dog. #1 We are broke, can barely feed our 3 kids #2 I am not cleaning up dog crap and I know he won't. #3 he's so lazy and I know he won't walk or play with a dog #4 He knows I DON'T want a dog. I found a stray and immediately gave it away.

What the hell do I do if he brings it home? I am furious but he's at work so I can't really prevent him from doing anything right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd be getting on FACEBOOK or Craigslist and asking who wants it!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Tell him you will be the poor dog's foster mommy for the time being until you guys find a suitable owner. It's not the dog's fault.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Maybe it is a little gross, but I would ask him if he is bringing the dog home for dinner. You know, since you are struggling to feed your family. Perhaps then he will get the seriousness of the situation. I often remind my husband that charity starts at home.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 6:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• He knows this is going to start a marital war, I'm clueless on why he'd bring him home while I'm so against it. And yes, I will get rid of it as soon as he leaves the house.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Bugz - it's at a shelter which means he'll have to pay $$$$ to get it out. I need to reiterate that we are B R O K E. I don't want to be a foster mommy - good lord.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I sent him an e-mail to that effect but he is being an ass about this. He always does this - wastes money and doesn't think of consequences. The aftermath is going to be ugly if he brings that dog here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• As much as you are not a dog person. It seems that he is a dog person. Being in a relationship is all about compromise. Think about how much he really want's this dog before you shut it down. If he brings the dog home and refuses to take care of it then give it away to a better home, but if he does take care of it then try to think about his own feelings about having a dog and not just your own. Not all dogs shit on the floor and chew things up, a mater of fact most dogs to not.
    Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 6:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• There is a TIME for everything and this is not the TIME for a large dog. We cannot afford our bills. His MOM helps us pay bills right now. We live in a small 1000sq ft RENTAL house. Does this sound like a good environment to bring a pitbull into? Really?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Does your land lord let y'all have pets? If so, is there a pet fee you'd have to pay?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You can always foster the dog to save it's life, then turn around and rehome it.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011