Best retail job you've ever worked

I'm looking to try a part or full time job in retail. I've been looking at stores I enjoy for one; such as Victoria's Secret, Ulta, etc. I'd like something with good benefits or "perks." What has been the best retail job you have worked ? I understand pay will most likely be minimum wage, but I'm an army wife so I'm doing it mostly to keep myself busy during a deployment. What do you suggest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• i had a blast working for old navy and gosh that was years ago!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• can't help you, sorry. i worked during the holidays in a Dillards ladies shoe department and it completely sucked...and i LOVE SHOES! i'd think a clothing boutique or specialty store would be more fun.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I worked for the holidays thru a temp agency at Harry and David's....I spent the whole 2 months eating goodies. : )
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I worked at DKNY and LOVED it! I started at .50 above minimum wage, but rose quickly with a good work ethic. The only benefits were a medical insurance you could buy into. I would go back and work there in a heartbeat.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• OMG It was SO much fun working at Old Navy...the enviroment was awesome, the discount was great, the hours were flexible and it was just a lot of fun....sometimes I wish I would have never quit but I moved and the commute became ridiculous
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Best and retail don't go together.
    Anonymous

• For me personally (ex army wife here), I LOVED working at Bath & Body Works,, getting to work with girly stuff and all the good smells, I worked there for christmas and oh man, the smells were definatly something to look forward to, very aromatherapyish lol. Plus you get to try all the stuff there.
    MetalBtch

Answer by MetalBtch at 6:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I worked at Target for over four years in high school/college. I loved the discount and the people there. They paid above minimum wage and there were many different jobs within the store that you could do!
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Never worked retail - but I hear it is a great place to start.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011