Is it really worth it?

I got a post card in the mail today from some law firm stating that if I bought Enfamil LIPIL Infant Formula, I could get free formula or cash from the settlement.

Apparently, Enfamil claimed they were the only formula company to provide DHA and ARA in their formula, and that was apparently a lie. So they got sued.

Anyway, if I purchased (which I did) LIPIL between October 13, 2005 and March 31, 2010, for less than a year, I could get a grand total of....SIX WHOLE DOLLARS. And if I purchased it for longer than 6 months...TWELVE WHOLE DOLLARS. Or instead of cash, I could get either 1 can (less than 6 months) of the formula, or 2 cans (more than 6 months) of the formula. My youngest is 4 1/2 years old. I don't think I could use that :P

A tad bit ridiculous, if you ask me.

hopeandglory53

Asked by hopeandglory53 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Give the lawyer six dollars and take his/her share... :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's not for the lawyer. He will get millions. Class action suits should be outlawed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yup Carpy! The lawyers made millions. I hate class actions...the lawyers are the only ones that "win."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• LMAO we got a cash settlement from when CD were being over priced by the industry and got $1.72!! Yep we sure did! :0) I cashed the check and bought a soda. Think of what you could get with SIX dollars!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Woohooo a gallon of gas!!
    Anonymous

• Lol! 6 bucks, huh? I suppose 6 bucks is 6 bucks.

Can you fill it out online? I know the last settlement I completed took less than 2 minutes on the website...so six bucks per two minutes...that's $180 an hour! LOL

You can get that gallon of gas AND a soda (if the prices don't go up before you get your big settlement, that is) LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I got it too. Can't wait for my $12.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yeah, slightly. It does not seem to be worth your time and trouble!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ha ha! I received one of those cards too! I laughed.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 8:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think I only actually purchased one or two cans in that time frame, then we got on WIC (my youngest stopped nursing, refused to eat, so I ended up putting her on formula while we were on vacation...so the rest of the time we were there, I had to purchase the stuff, ugh).

I was more saying the case was ridiculous because of "false claims". But, w/e. People will find anything to sue others over anymore.
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011