Baby excema

My son has it on his face. What is the best remedy? He keeps scratching himself! I do keep his nails clipped, but he still succeeds in doing so!

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• try aquaphor
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It;s Been so Long Ago But my son had this and i forget the name of the stuff/Cream We used -.- i know thats no help But He had to get it from a dr if that Helps..
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 6:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My grand daughter has that, her mom had to get a prescription cream to help clear it up. My nephew had it as well, his grandmother used all natural products with no dyes, scents or additives to clear his up. She even washed his clothes in special soap without dyes and stuff.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• not dyes, I mean without scents ... I sound like an idiot some times. :)
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son had it very bad and the doctor prescribed ellidel and hydro-cortisone. They worked fine but I had to use all aveeno products as well. Aveeno has creams and washes especially for eczema, and I  had to use dye free laundry detergent. Also benadryl helps with the itching and and they have a cream as well. I tried many things including a allergy test with eczema its more of trial and error some things work well for long, others work for a little and some don't work at all. Luckily my son outgrew it at age ! Good Luck

SimplyJassy

Answer by SimplyJassy at 7:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• otc cortaid works well
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would stick with something that does NOT have any steroids in it. So Ellidel or most other prescription creams would be out. Stick with something like Aquaphor and a gentle cleaner like Cetaphil or Baby Phisoderm.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Stay away from Aquafor, Vaseline and other petrochemicals; they are dangerous and should NEVER be used on skin. Avoid ALL products (soaps, creams, shampoos, etc.) containing petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, phthalates, toxic preservatives, etc. Note that many OTC products, even those made to treat eczema, contain these nasty chemicals that will only exacerbate the condition. Avoid Rx creams like Elidel; they are known to cause cancer. Eczema is inflammation; u need to treat from the inside. Avoid dairy; it is a HUGE culprit. Up your child's immune system, supplement, and use probiotics. To deal with flare-ups and itch, use hexane-free, extra virgin coconut oil (can also be consumed for its healthful properties), evening primrose oil or borage oil (can also be ingested in supplement form). My DD dealt w/this for 10 years and we were finally able to cure her by following these steps.
    Anonymous

• I use aveeno baby eczema lotion on my LO, works well for him :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 7:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Shea butter. Skip the steroids & petroleum based products. Find out what your baby is allergic to that is causing the eczema. Often it is gluten and dairy.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:57 AM on May. 1, 2011