Quitting Smoking. . .

Oh S**t! It's time! How did you do it without going too insane??

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• ive been nicotine free for 5 days, and im a pack a day smoker that was going on 9 years.

its hard, trust me. especially if you have a lot of stress in your life. stock up on gum, and go cold turkey. distract yourself when the cravings come, clean, cook, run, walk, take your kids out, whatever it takes. you will notice a general uplift in your health as each day progresses without a cigarette.

good luck and you can do this!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Omg I quit About a yr ago & To be honest I was a Wimp ! I cried I felt like i lost my best friend lol I laugh Now cus its crazy But You can do it I KNOW U CAN .. I did & I feel so Much better :) I Think I went crazy About a week Everytime i ate I thought i was gonna smoke & i flipped out but after a week I was Ok And it was soo Much easier I still even think About smoking But It's Not hard to See people smoke In front of me Or around me .. Im preggo Now so i wouldent smoke either way But GOODLUCK its Hard But U can do it :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oh & Jolly Ranchers are a good Alt And Gum :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• WTG all of you quitters!!! Sometimes a quitter wins..

Good luck op!! Drink plenty of water, it'll help flush your system.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I actually quit when I found out I was pregnant and once I had my daughter I just didn't have any interest in it any more. I guess I was lucky. Good luck to you, I hope you succeed.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• drink plenty of water try peppermint candies.
    chrissysmom72

Answer by chrissysmom72 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have never smoked but my mom quit cold turkey
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Online forums helps me alot when I quit. You can track your savings/healt/etc... and there are many others on there going through the same thing. Good Luck! It's so worth it!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• get an essential oil and when you get that craving smell it, it trigges the same part of your brain that gives you that calming effect when you smoke a ciggarette. i quite almost 3 years ago and just recently started again and having to start over it SUCKS! But eventually the cravings do stop and you are happier knowing that is no longer a chain on you. I could kick myself for ever picking one back up that threw me right back into it err....
    TTURNBAUGH

Answer by TTURNBAUGH at 5:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Chantix works great.

Answer by gemgem at 5:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011