Why do you believe in God?

Why do you? What's your best evidence! I will politely ignore athiests's answers.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Once you breathe life into faith, little signs come your way...there are too many to count. I am spiritual, not really religious...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The word evidence implies something tangible that you can see, hear, or touch. There is no evidence that you can show or bring me to prove God exists. That is where faith comes in. Believing in something without proof.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Personal experience, feeling as though I have felt Him or that I have a relationship with him. Doesn't hold up as objective proof, in terms of convincing others, but it works for me, and that's all that matters.

I have felt, through my life spent in the Christian church, and my study of the various faiths, a connection to God. Whether or not that "proves" His existence to anyone else doesn't change for me what I have felt, what I believe, and the convictions I have in my own heart.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I bleive in GOD b/c too much has happened in my life to * Not Believe* When u see a miracle Playing in front of u everyday How can u deny Him ..
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I dont have "evidence" nor do I look for it.

Everything I see and feel and hear tells me that there is more than just this world and just we humans. There is more to this Universe than we can see or ever know. And, for me, that includes a higher being who helped get the show on the road.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oh and for the record...I believe that higher being is both male and female.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I believe in god through the experiences I've had through meditation. I believed in god before i learned to meditate though....my meditations just made it legitimate. When you're in deep meditation & become one with the cosmic vibration of the universe...it's pretty evident that god exists.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• After objectively seeing the Universe, it's balance and it's perfection I cannot think this is all just an accident of molecules and forces that just "happened" to work perfectly by random chance. That, to me, is evidence of a Creator. After reading other ideas of G-d and other deities, the one described in the OT is the one that sounds more logical and plausible to me.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Because He believes in me :) I had no faith at one point...it was just too hard for me to believe in something I could not see. But God made himself evident to me through another person in my life. Things that had been on my mind for months that I never spoke to anyone were revealed to her in a dream, and she wrote me a letter about it. It was far too real to ignore. And as cheesy as it sounds, I decided there that He was real and to surrender my life to Him.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• After experiencing the super natural power of God and knowing he is "tangible' I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he exists.However I cannot convince others it is something and someone you must "get to know' or experience His perfect love and kindness and ALL that He is for yourself. He is REAL and He can be found if you will search for Him.He has changed my life in so many ways that it I cannot explain from my thinking to my actions Only He could have done that because I have tried and it is by His power I am FREE
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011