Can you give a baby apple juice?

My son is 7 weeks old, can I give him diluted apple juice to help him use poop?

malleymom106

Asked by malleymom106 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i would call the doc and see what you can give him though
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 7:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• hmm 7 weeks ? I gave my kids diluted baby apple juice they loved it and i never had a problem . It was never much But YES i did give them a little Sometimes
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• http://www.burpingbaby.net/newborn_constipation.htm

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You could, but if you want something to really do the trick, prune juice would work better probably.

Is your child breastfeed or formula fed? If he is bf, it is very common and normal for the baby to go almost a week without pooping...
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 7:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i dont think so...check with doctor. he can develop an allergy if u give him things too soon
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Can you - yes. Should you - no. call the doctor before giving baby anything but formula or breast milk.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes, you can. My son was given baby apple juice in the hospital nursery. I firmly believe in feeding children and do not believe that feedign children early will cause allergies. If someone is going to have allergies, it will happen no matter when or how a child is fed. If you are concerned CALL THE DOCTOR.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would not, especially that young. What are the symptoms, and what is his diet? Constipation in infants is defined as passing dry, hard, pellet like stool.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yes just not a lot and make sure u water it down really good!!! if he is breast fed though then it is normal for them to go a couple days with out pooping i didnt know that i took my daughter to the dr when she was about 7 weeks bc she ddnt go for like 3 or 4 days and they were like no its normal and told me her digestive track sounded good... but they told me to give her apple, pear,or prune juice but water it down also kyro syrup or however u spell it just a tiny drop in some water!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 7 weeks seems a bit young to me but ask your ped
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 9:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2011