Tips on buying maternity clothes???

As far as size is concerned do you stick to your normal size and just buy the naternity version or do you get bigger sizes? Also anyone know where to buy them for reasonable prices???

SimplyJassy

Asked by SimplyJassy at 7:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you buy your regular size. If you are usually a medium, you buy a medium...although if you gain more or less weight than you "should" (ahem...like me this time LOL) you might have to alter you size. I like buying the clothes in store so I can try them on, but Goodwill ALWAYS has maternity clothes for reasonable prices. I don't like to pay too much for things I won't be wearing long.

The only other suggestion I have is to pre-plan your wardrobe some, so that you can buy a few essential items that you can pair differently. That way you end up with a lot of outfits, without buying a lot.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They have belly bands that are cheap and can extend the life of your jeans. I love old navy. I always bought a size up so I wasn't having to constantly buy for my every growing belly
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I used a rubber-band strung through the button hole and then looped around the button of my jeans to extend the size of my regular pants for the first few months I was pregnant. It was a cheap way to wait until I really needed the larger size pants. Baby resale stores usually have maternity clothes for sale too. You can find some things pretty cheap that way. I always got myself a couple of nice outifts along with the resael items so I felt like a stylish mommy when I was out and about. A stylish maternity t-shirt and a pair of black or brown maternity jeans or slacks are a good staple outfit. Use your normal size, but do try them on.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's worth it to spend a little more for the items you know you are going to live in. For me that was dark wash jeans that I wore at work and at home. At first I refused to spend much money on maternity clothes, but I when I was crying one night while trying on the best "cheap" jeans I could find, my husband convinced me to just go ahead and splurge. :)
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You could go to a Pregnancy Help center they give you maternity clothing. (If you dont mind wearing second hand clothes)
    shona89

Answer by shona89 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011